This is one of my favorite project options using Storybook Creator Plus. You can create 4×6 postcard sized cards and either print them on your printer or have them printed as 4×6 photos and just apply a label and postcard stamp to the back. It’s so much more fun than the usual store-bought postcard. To begin creating a 4×6 card:
- Select Create a New Project.
- On the Create a new project box, select 4×6 pages (Landscape) under Local Printer and select the Blank page option on the right. Click Next.
- Of course, give it a name and click Create.
- Here’s where the fun starts! You have a blank 4×6 area and you can do whatever you want with it. Here’s what I usually do:
- Start by clicking on the Paper tab and pick a background paper. Something fun.
- When you find one you like, just right click on it and select Make Background. Voila!
- Tip: If the paper looks distorted and just not-quite-right, go ahead and click the Undo button up at the top of the screen. Go back and select that paper again and select Add To Page. The paper will be quite a bit bigger than your 4×6 “page” area, but you can zoom out and reduce the size of the paper, adjust where it falls on your “page”, etc.
- Next it’s time to go through the Embellishments tab and add fun stickers … there are a lot of fun title stickers in the different packages that came with your software … you probably have one that will work. Or you can download more or create all the text yourself with text boxes.
- Now just add a photo or two (very easy to do now from the Memory Manager 3.0 upgrade) and you will have a great card!
So, go try it! You can use this for postcards, invitations, a fun card just to say “Hi!” and so much more. I’d love to hear about your fun cards!