May 5, 2012 ~ Update: Due to the loss of the programmers working with CM on SBC Studio, the software was discontinued on April 1, 2012, along with all content offered for it. If you purchased SBC Studio, you should have received a credit voucher email from CM at the email address associated with your SBC Studio account as reimbursement for the purchase price of SBC Studio as well as any content you may have purchased. Please let me know if you have any questions.
sbcStudio is coming! My last (short) post informed you that Creative Memories had announced the upcoming release of Storybook Creator's sister software for the Mac, sbcStudio. And now, it's almost here. sbcStudio will launch in about a week on November 22, 2010.
So, if you're a Mac, or you know a Mac, here are a few of the great things coming your way on November 22nd:
- sbcStudio works with iPhoto … no need to import photos into your project. All of your iPhoto folders will show up in sbcStudio.
- Your toolbars are customizable so you can have all of your favorite features, right where you want them.
- With the Inspector, no need to differentiate between text, photos or other elements. One place to do it all.
- Two page viewing and editing … no need to switch between the two pages.
- Content Manager is accessible from the project page … no need to toggle back and forth between the Content Manager screen and the project.
- Search all packages for keywords … and even search for multiple terms. (Flowers, pink flowers, etc.)
- Editable Alphasets. Just double click on the alphaset you have already placed on the page, no matter whether you've resized it or colored it, and you can change letters, change alphaset or whatever you like without having to retype and recreate the text.
- This is probably the thing that makes me most wish that I were a Mac … you can create your own packages to reuse and share in sbcStudio. Once you've made templates that you really like, it's much easier to use them again.
Oh, and the absolute best thing? Once it's released on November 22, you can try sbcStudio for free for the first 30 days! It's a fully functional trial … no limits! For all the info and more, visit my website and if you're a Mac, don't forget to tell me all about it when you try sbcStudio for free!
(For all you PCs, don't fret. Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 is still incredible and will continue to release new features, content, projects and more!)