You may have heard already about Creative Memories' bankruptcy filing and been wondering how this will impact your use of the software. We haven't had a lot of information recently on that, but last Friday CM did release some updates for us in that regard. Not everything is well-defined or definite yet, so please keep checking back.
Here are a few answers and action steps you should make time to do soon:
- First of all, YES, your software is still usable going forward. It will not cease to work for you on August 21, September 23 or any other pre-determined date. There is a possibility that there will continue to be updates and support for it after that date, just not from Creative Memories. That is still being determined, so there are no further specifics at this time.
- The CM Photo Center/Digital Center will continue to take orders until September 23rd. So any Storybooks or other digital projects you have in the works must be completed and ordered by that date.
- It's a good idea to make sure that your software, both Memory Manager and Storybook Creator, are updated. The current versions of the software are listed below. (To find out which version of the software you have currently, click on the question mark icon in the corner and select About.)
* Storybook Creator 4.0 – 4.0.4728
* Storybook Creator 3.0 – 3.0.3950
* Memory Manager 4.0: 4.1.4780
* Memory Manager 3.0: 3.0.3691
- Whether your software is up-to-date or not, you'll want to back up the files necessary to reinstall your software in the future. The last day you'll be able to download the full software or the updates is September 23, 2013. To back them up, pick the appropriate version of your software and use the link below:
Memory Manager 4.0
Memory Manager 3.0
Storybook Creator 4.0
Storybook Creator 3.0
- To download and backup these files:
– Click on the appropriate link above
– Select your backup location to save it to
– Make sure you know WHERE you saved it!
That's all there is to it. Just make sure you save the activation code with it.
- If you have uninstalled/un-activated versions of either Memory Manager or Storybook Creator, you'll want to get those activated no later than September 23, 2013. We don't know now whether those will be able to be activated past that date.
- To backup you Memory Vault(s), you've hard before that I always recommend creating a Shadow Copy as the best form of backup. In my experience, it recreates the vault more cleanly, when needed. However, if you need to just make a copy of your vault as a backup, you can copy the entire Memory Vault folder to another backup location. You will need to know where your Memory Vault resides, which is the Documents/My Documents folder by default, but may be different if you designated a different place when you set it up.
- Storybook Creator and Memory Manager aren't the only things you need to consider. All digital artwork will only be available for download from my site through August 21, 2013. So if you have been waiting to purchase content, the waiting is over. That is the absolute last day to purchase content for use with Storybook Creator.
- Likewise, if you still need to download artwork you have purchased previously, the last day to access your account for the download links and activation codes is August 21, 2013. You can also get to your account here. If you need help backing those up, please comment below or contact me.
- Don't forget to use the feature in your Storybook Creator software to back up all your activation codes. It's handy and quick. Just make sure you know where the .txt file is when you're done.
- The last thing to remember, all product codes will (for Storybooks, calendars, etc) will expire no later than September 23rd.
That's the gist of it. Ask me questions, I'll do the best I can. Let me know how I can help!